How do i choose a hoist？
There are four main type of hoists: manual hoist, electric hoist，pneumatic hoist and hydraulic hoist. As the electric hoist is the most widely applied in various industry. This article is going to help you on the main points need to know before buying electric hoist.
1. Place of use: This must be determined first. The electric hoist used in some special places will also be different. Is it indoor or outdoor? Is the city climate wet and rainy? Electric hoists with different protection levels can be selected according to different needs.
Is there enough space, that determines if you need an low headroom electric hoist? Does it contain flammable and explosive materials, and then do you need an anti-explosion electric hoist, etc.?
2. Lifting weight: What is the load weight. It is very important. For example, if you only lift one ton goods during normal operation, buying a two tons hoist is a waste of money; if you normally need to lift two tons of goods, buying a one ton electric hoist will not work, because the overload protection of the electric hoist will will stop the hoist operating if it exceeds its rated safe working load.
3. Lifting height: how high to lift, this involves the length of the sling, the higher the longer of the sling, and the shorter it then can be reduced.
4. Running trolley: To travelling from left to right cross the beam, a running trolley is required;
5. Lifting speed: single speed, double speed, or variable frequency control speed could be selected according to your actual working efficiency needs.
6. Voltage: single phase or three phase? 50hz or 60hz frequency? The voltage used in different countries will be different. Some countries even have a state where multiple voltages are used at the same time, so you must ensure what is the required voltage of the hoist.
There are two types of electric hoists: wire rope electric hoists and electric chain hoists.
The wire rope electric hoist is an electric hoist with a wire rope as the sling type, which has the advantages of compact structure, light weight, high efficiency and easy operation.
The electric chain hoist is a type electric hoist with a welded circular chain as the sling. Compared with the wire rope electric hoist, the structure is lighter and the price is cheaper.
In summary, the one that suits you is the best. Choosing an electric hoist is the same as choosing other items, as long as it meets your own needs on site. The user needs to select the electric hoist according to factors such as operating intensity and on site environment. Secondly, after the specifications and parameters of the electric hoist are selected, the user should also consider the strength, reputation and after sales service level of the manufacturer and agent. Safety is the first priority to be considered for crane products, and the price should not be the primary consideration.
Our Kinocranes electric hoists comply with FEM standards and DIN standards, and the latest waterproof grade has reached IP65. We have passed the national level test and obtained a formal professional certificate as well as the CE certificate.
It is absolutely guaranteed that every electric hoist sold has undergone strict quality inspection.
The anti-overload effect is intuitive. If it exceeds the rated load of the electric hoist, our electric hoist will not continue to work, so that it will always silently protect the safety of the user.
The brakes are sensitive, once the brakes are stopped, it will stop steadily without a slight slide!
It is super quiet during operation, the operating noise will not exceed 85db.
Specially for our electric chain hoist, there is also a self-correcting chain guide system! No matter how messy the chain is in use, our chain will automatically repair the chain, so that it is absolutely safe during use, and the chain will not be stuck!
Super warm pre-sale and after-sale service, we will give detailed technical instruction before sale, we have one-to-one customer file for life-long tracking of after-sale service, no matter what problems occur during use, we can solve them in time.
If you are still confused about how to select a hoist, that’s all right. The fastest way is to ask one of our sales representative. Our professionals will recommend the most appropriate model for your site.
What type of wire rope is used on crane？
The type, structure, raw material and production process of wire rope depend on its application. General steel wire ropes use carbon steel wires with a diameter of 0.1 to 6.0 mm and a circular section. When twisting sealed and semi-sealed wire ropes, Z-shaped and other special-shaped wires are used. The types of wire ropes are divided according to their purposes: there are wire ropes for suspension bridges and mine wire ropes, aerial cableway use wire ropes, traction wire ropes for transmission devices, wire ropes for elevators, wire ropes for bundling and dragging goods, etc. The variety of wire ropes is increasing, and the structure is increasingly complex. In addition to various coated steel wires, stainless steel wires and bimetallic steel wires are also used. In order to ensure the safety and reliability of the use of steel wire ropes, the steel wire ropes are required to have sufficient strength, good flexibility, compactness of twisting, compression resistance, wear resistance, corrosion resistance and fatigue resistance, among which strength is the most important.
The selection of wire ropes should meet the following requirements:
① Generally, the left and right intertwined wire rope is used so that it will not twist and loosen when lifting the goods, and it must have a quality certificate.
②The steel wire rope with asbestos core should be used for lifting and transporting hot or molten metal wire rope.
③The hoisting and luffing mechanism shall not use braided and jointing in length steel wire ropes. When other wire ropes need to be jointed, it must be ensured that the connection strength of the joint is not less than 90% of the breaking force of the wire rope, and it must not pass through the pulley into the drum.
When the wire rope meets one of the following conditions, it should be scrapped:
① The number of broken wires of the wire rope in one twist pitch exceeds 10% of the total number of wires.
②The wear amount of the outer steel wire exceeds 40% of the original diameter. When it is insufficient, it can be scrapped according to the number of broken wires after dismantling.
③ The number of broken wires of wire ropes for lifting hot metal or dangerous goods reaches half of the scrapped broken wires for general lifting equipment wire ropes, including the reduction of surface corrosion of steel wires.
④ The diameter of the wire rope is reduced by 7%.
⑤ The whole strand of the wire rope is broken or the fiber core is exposed, the partial outer steel wire is stretched out in a cage-like or hard knot state.
When replacing an old wire rope, the qualified original design model, diameter, nominal tensile strength and wire rope must be used. If only the same diameter is satisfied and other requirements are lower than the original specifications, the service life of the wire rope will inevitably be affected.
It is forbidden to use wire ropes without qualified certificates. If the diameter of the wire rope does not conform to the original design, it must first ensure that the total breaking force is equal to the original design, and then the difference of the diameter should not exceed: 1mm when the original diameter is less than 20mm and 1.5mm when the original diameter is over 20mm. Too much thick than its original will cause the wire rope to rub against each other when it is wound on the drum and increase the wear and tear.
When replacing or winding the wire rope, please be careful not to let the wire rope knot. Practice has proved that the knotted wire rope is most likely to wear and break during use. It is forbidden to connect two steel wire ropes in the hoisting mechanism.
How To Install Crane Track Rail Climps?
(1) According to the rail model proposed by the process, select the corresponding crane track rail climps model.
|Rail Model||Crane Rail Climps Model||Rail Model||Crane Rail Climps Model|
(2) The base plate of the crane rail climps are welded with the crane beam, and the selection of the electrode type should be compatible with the material of the connecting piece. For example, when using Q325 or Q345 steel, use E4315 or E5015 electrodes respectively.
The intermediate working crane adopts the welding seam on both sides. Heavy-duty (extra-heavy) working cranes use three-sided surrounding welds.
(3) The minimum width of the upper flange of the crane girder required for the connection of the rail by the crane track rail climps is shown in Picture 1: the “b” value in the figure is found in Table 1.
Note: In Table 1, (a) The dimensions in parentheses in the table are only the minimum width of the upper flange of the weld on both sides of the base.
(b) The B value does not include the dimensions associated with the crane girder braking system.
(4) Distance "a" from the center of the T-bolt of the crane track rail climps to the center of the rail.
|Crane Rail Climps Model||a（mm）|
(5) Base plate positioning. The base plate is arranged at a distance of 600mm or 500mm along the direction of the crane rail; the vertical rail direction is positioned according to the value “a” between the center of the T-bolt and the center of the rail.
(6) Welding base plate
(7) Assemble the crane track rail climps in the following order:
The T-bolt is in place → the adjustment plate, the upper cover plate → the flat washer → the spring washer → the nut → the T-bolt is tightened → the adjustment plate is adjusted as a whole → the T-bolt is finally tightened.
(8) T-bolts are installed and tightened, and the spring washer is finally pressed until the height difference at the joint is 2mm.
(9) The maximum adjustable size of the gauge is shown in the figure below.
(1) The WJK type crane track rail climps’ base plate is welded with the upper flange plate of the steel crane girder by three-sided surrounding welding or two-sided side welding, which can ensure that the lateral force of the crane is smoothly and evenly transmitted to the crane girder. Moreover, the defect of weakening the flange section caused by a large number of openings in the flange of the crane beam is avoided. Therefore, the section strength and bearing capacity of the crane beam are effectively improved.
(2) The WJK type crane track rail climps’ base plate and the lower end of the T-bolt form a spherical hinge connection. Therefore, under the action of lateral force, the T-bolt is kept perpendicular to the upper cover plate, and deflection is allowed. It can reduce the damage of the lateral impact force of the crane to the rail, crane beam and braking system and other structures. Thereby extending the service life of the structure.
(3) The WJK type crane track rail climps are equipped with a gauge adjustment plate for adjusting the gauge. It can improve the installation accuracy and reduce the unevenness deviation of the rail centerline. It has a two-way self-locking function to prevent loosening during use.
(4) The WJK type crane track rail climps’ bolts and the upper cover plates are free to disassemble and assemble, which provides extremely convenient conditions for construction, installation and maintenance.
(5) The WJK type crane track rail climps’ upper cover plate is consistent with the curvature of the rail section, which can not only compress the rail, but also does not prevent the rail from sliding slightly in the longitudinal direction.
(6) There are two materials for the base plate of the WJK type crane track rail climps:
① ZG270-500 material, the bolt is C grade, the tightening torque is 150N.m, and the maximum lateral force acting on each wheel pressure is 45KN;
② ZG16Mn material, bolts are grade 8.8, the tightening torque is 220N.m, and the maximum lateral force at each wheel pressure is 55KN.
WJK crane track rail climps material should be specified when ordering to prevent the effect.
(7) Crane beam structure: WJK type crane track rail climps are mainly used for steel crane beam rail fixation, and can also be used for the transformation of old concrete crane beams and track rail transformation of ground transportation equipment.
What to pay attention to when installing the electric chain hoist?
First, the installation of the chain electric hoist needs to install the chain box first.
Second, connect the power cord. When connecting the power cord, the power must be turned off beforehand. At the same time, the grounding wire should be well grounded, otherwise the operator may feel the electric shock when touching any part of the chain or hoist.
Third, lubricate the load chain of the electric chain hoist. The degree of lubrication of the chain is an important factor affecting the service life of the load chain. Timely and effectively lubricate the load chain to ensure the effective service life of the load chain.
Fourth, check the arrangement of the chain. For multi-row chain electric hoists, please make sure that the lower hook frame is not turned over. If it is turned over, restore it to its normal state and make sure that the solder joints of the chain are aligned. Do not hang heavy objects on the winding hoist.
Finally, check the working voltage. Since the electric chain hoist is delivered at the user-specified voltage or higher voltage (only for dual voltage), such as 230/380V, please check the wiring and confirm whether it meets the power supply voltage. If not, please refer to the instructions to make corrections to meet the required operating voltage requirements.
Tips: Install the electric chain hoist. If it is operated at an incorrect voltage, the electric chain hoist may be seriously damaged.To prevent this from happening, you must ensure that the wiring meets the requirements of the required power supply.
How To Prevent Crane Parts From Rust?
For the cranes parts of overhead crane, gantry crane or EOT crane that have been closed for a long time. Rust prevention is very necessary and important. But how should they can anti rust for a long time ?
The following measures are for your reference :
■ When the crane equipment is shut down for maintenance, the surface of the entire crane equipment must be inspected. It is best to ensure that all parts of the whole crane are covered with a surface film.
■ During the crane inspection, if some film damage is found on the metal structure of the crane, the damaged area should be cleaned and painted with anti-rust paint. When it rains or snows, the metal surface will not be corroded due to weather problems. The rain cover can also effectively prevent rain and snow from corrosion.
■ In the process of rust prevention, please do not neglect the activities of the crane, this is very important. For these spare parts of the crane, you can use -10 or -20 diesel brushing, which can not only remove materials that are prone to corrosion of the equipment, but also form an oil film on the metal surface to resist the effect of low temperature.
■ In addition to cleaning and diesel lubrication, a layer of lubricating oil can also be applied. Calcium-based grease or lithium-based grease is the best choice, because they have a very good role in maintaining the performance of all aspects of mechanical equipment, and when used again, these oils will be better removed.
What are the Different Types of Overhead Crane?
Choosing the type of overhead crane that suits your business is essential to efficiency, simplify work processes, and maximize benefits.
If you have completed your research and determined that the overhead crane system can improve your facility’s production or material handling processes, then you may have begun to realize that there are different types of overhead cranes. Your head may be swimming trying to sort all the information that is available on overhead cranes, and you may ask yourself, “What type of overhead crane does I need for my business?”
The specifications and configurations of overhead cranes may vary greatly. No two crane design are exactly the same! A crane that work in a similar building structure, or similar lifting application, may not be the best crane for your facility or application. Therefore, choosing the right crane type for your business is essential to maximize efficiency, simplify work processes, and obtain the best benefits.
What is a gantry crane
A gantry crane is similar to a bridge crane, but instead of moving on suspended runways, the crane uses legs to support the bridge, trolley, and hoist. These legs travel on rails or on the tires.
Gantry cranes are mainly used outdoors, but can also be used indoors. The gantry crane is ideal choice when you need a lightweight and quick knockdown crane for applications that require portability. It is also considered when there is a reason not to use overhead runway system and are most traditionally used in outdoor applications where full beams and columns can’t be installed, or they can be used below an existing bridge crane system. Gantry cranes are usually found in shipyards, railway plants, special construction sites like where a bridge is being built, or in places like steel mills and so on.